Desk of Contents[Hide][Show]
I can’t assist it… I could be a lazy prepare dinner, however I simply love a simple, wholesome meal, that comes collectively shortly! (That is why my cookbook is filled with one-pan recipes that take half-hour or much less.) This grain-free taco bowl is a one-pan meal with fast prep, minimal cleanup, and tons of veggies.
Fast tip for mothers of choosy eaters: If it tastes like tacos, they may eat it!
Taco Bowl: Fast Eats on Busy Nights
This taco bowl recipe brings collectively all the finest flavors of Mexican meals with out the vegetable oil-drenched corn chips or flour tortillas! The stir-fry model presentation opens up every kind of prospects, like including in an array of contemporary or frozen veggies not usually present in a taco.
Use all the favourite Mexican restaurant toppings too, relying on your loved ones’s weight loss plan: uncooked cheese, cultured bitter cream, fermented salsa, guacamole, contemporary avocado or tomato, cilantro, or a squeeze of lime.
For nights when contemporary produce is readily available, it’s straightforward to change over to tacos in lettuce wraps for selection and a extra conventional taco presentation.
Home made Taco Seasoning Hack
In the event you love Mexican meals as a lot as our household does, it is smart to make use of a ready-made taco seasoning rather than all the person spices that make up taco seasoning. After all, I don’t imply shopping for these packets of taco combine from the shop! Make your individual homemade taco seasoning in bulk so it’s all the time useful but additionally contemporary.
I printed out the recipe and taped it to the aspect of my jar in order that it’s simply accessible after I must refill it.
Taco Scramble for Breakfast?
Grain-free breakfasts could be a problem. It helps me (and the family meal budget) to reuse final evening’s leftovers for breakfast. If this feels like a gross proposition, think about seasoned meat and colourful peppers folded into an omelet or vegetable frittata and topped with a sprinkle of cheese and Mexican sizzling sauce. Not as out of the field because it appears!
Leftover taco bowls additionally can be simply packed for lunch. (It’s even good chilly!)
I hope you give it a strive!
Grain-Free Taco Bowl Recipe
A simple stir-fry with Tex-Mex flavors. This can be a nice quick meal for a busy evening and can also be scrumptious for breakfast!
- 1 lb ground beef
- 2 medium yellow onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 bell peppers (diced)
- 2 medium zucchini (or yellow squash, diced)
- 2 cups fresh spinach
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- In a big skillet, brown the bottom beef over medium-high till cooked.
- Take away from the pan and put aside.
- In the identical skillet, saute the chopped onions, peppers, and squash, stirring incessantly, till beginning to soften.
- Return the meat to pan.
- Add the taco seasoning and stir.
- Add contemporary spinach and proceed to prepare dinner simply till spinach wilts.
- Take away from warmth and serve with any desired toppings.
- Take pleasure in!
To make use of as a breakfast scramble, merely make a frittata or put in an omelet.
Energy: 162kcal | Carbohydrates: 14g | Protein: 18g | Fats: 4g | Saturated Fats: 2g | Ldl cholesterol: 47mg | Sodium: 861mg | Potassium: 625mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 7g | Vitamin A: 3235IU | Vitamin C: 72mg | Calcium: 38mg | Iron: 3mg
Strive these different favourite wholesome excessive protein, grain free recipes:
- Beef and Cabbage – Construct this meal in the identical approach as Taco Scramble, however use cabbage, carrots, basil, and oregano for a totally completely different taste profile.
- Chicken and Vegetable – Chicken breasts, broccoli (even frozen!), and basil spherical out this easy however nourishing stir-fry.
- Beef and Broccoli – Extra conventional Asian stir-fry flavors, with more healthy substitutes like coconut aminos for soy sauce and coconut oil for processed vegetable oil.
- Chicken Apple – A wholly completely different set of flavors, sautéed the identical approach in a fast stir-fry scramble. Fennel is a strong detoxifier and blends effectively with the slight apple sweetness.
What’s your go-to Mexican or stir-fry meal? Will you do that taco bowl recipe? Share beneath!